Plumbers and Electricians have bright chances to work in Antarctica, manned by the British Antarctic Survey. Research is conducted at five Antarctic stations namely Rothera, Halley, Signy, King Edward Point and Bird Island in the Antarctic region of South Georgia. All operations and science programmes are controlled from UK offices in Cambridge.
Some of the interesting features of the jobs are:
- Contracts are between 5 and 18 months.
- Start date asap after interview with departure to the Antarctic mid November to late November.
- The salary will be from £22,340 per annum pro-rata.
- All essential, food, clothing and living arrangements are provided free and most of the salary can be saved.
- Closing date for receipt of completed applications: September 12, 2008
- Interview Date: September 23, 2008
- In addition working knowledge on computers including email communications and medical fitness to work in Antarctic region are required.
More information on British Antarctic Survey is here.
Update: September 09
James Miller, Personnel Officer of British Antarctic Survey says, “This is an amazing opportunity. Where else can you work in an environment surrounded by penguins, seals and icebergs? It’s a really fun place to work and by supporting the scientists who look into important issues like climate change you feel like you’re doing something really worthwhile. Read more from British Antarctic Survey.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found