An island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island in the Pacific Ocean ?
It may be confusing to find out, what it is all about. Read more to find out.
It is nothing but Taal Volcano.
Here it is more clear:
- The island in the Pacific Ocean is Luzon Island of Philippines.
- The lake on the Luzon Island is freshwater, Taal Lake , located about 50 km from the capital, Manila.
- The island on the Taal Lake is Volcano Island.
- Within the Volcano Island is Crater Lake, about 2 km across.
- Within Crater Lake is another small volcanic island, called Vulcan Point (Taal Volcano).
Here it is. Vulcan Point is the world’s largest island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island.
Here is the aerial photograph of Taal Volcano.
Taal Volcano is presently showing signs of explosive eruption. Read more from Fire Earth.
Here are some interesting information on Islands and Lakes.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found