Port of Fujairah is the second largest bunkering port of the world. The first is Singapore and the third is Rotterdam.
Here are some interesting features of Port of Fujairah:
- Port of Fujairah is located on the Eastern Seaboard of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), approximately 70 nautical miles from the Straits of Hormuz.
- Construction of the Port was started in 1978 to develop UAE and full operations of the port commenced in 1983.
- Port of Fujairah is dredged to 15 metres.
- Port of Fujairah acts as a centre to meet the requirements of shipping community in the Middle East and the surrounding region.
- Port of Fujairah offers the following services:
- Container Handling
- General Cargo
- Bulk Cargo
- Ro/Ro Services
- Marine Service
- Fujairah Anchorage
- Bunkering, Marine Supply, Ship Repair
- Port of Fujairah Anchorage can accommodate up to 100 vessels at any time.
- Services such as Bunkering, Ship supplies, Ship Repair, Spare Repair, Spare parts and Inspection are provided as “One Stop Shop” service to vessels at Anchorage.
- Crew changes to and from the Anchorage has reached an average of 2,500 personnel monthly. Also ‘Flying Angel’ the World’s first floating seafarers’ centre is available on full time service in the Port of Fujairah.
- Port of Fujairah Anchorage has a fleet of 80 independently owned and professionally operated Supply vessels.
- On shore tank capacity was not less than 1.8 million cubic metres as on year 2003.
- Port of Fujairah Anchorage is totally safe and secure with regular patrol and policing.
- More than 25 years old single hull tankers, regardless of their GRT are not allowed to call at Fujairah Offshore Anchorage Area for cargo operation. This includes Oil & Chemical Tankers and LPG & LNG carriers carrying oil products.
- International Airport is located 5 kilo metres from Port Gate.
Here is an interesting video clip of Port of Fujairah.
Update: August 30
During the Holy Month of Ramadan (approximately September 1- October 1, 2008), the Port of Fujairah working hours will be revised. Details are here at PortWorld.
Also amazing photographs and interesting information on Fujairah is available at Fujairah In Focus blog.
Update: September 09
Port of Fujairah has signed an agreement allowing it access to a $245 million (900 million Dirhams) credit line to carry out port expansions. Read more from Port World.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found