Here is a live example of a shipping company not permitting a seafarer to blog while working for them.
Reason ? Security risk.
The reason given by the shipping company is very strange and difficult to understand the security risk involved from a blogger.
Here are some more details:
- The seafarer is Dan, his profile is here.
- His blog is Kiwi at Sea.
- The shipping company is Cemex.
- Dan was working in “Sand Fulmar” of Cemex.
The shipping company fails to understand that
- marine bloggers share their professional experience in the cyber world.
- most of the bloggers are employed and their employees never stop them from blogging.
Still time is there for Cemex to reconsider their views about bloggers.
Read more from Dan about “Maritime Bloggers Beware” in his post. What is your view on this ? Feel free to comment.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found