Accidents in Singapore shipyards are not under control.
Here is one more news report of shipyard related accident that has taken place on August 15.
- Japanese registered oil tanker ‘ Eneos Breeze ‘ is presently undergoing repairs at the Keppel Shipyard in Tuas, Singapore.
- On the morning of August 15, dead body of a shipyard worker was found at the bottom of the ship’s 21 metre deep water tank.
- The unfortunate worker is reported to be a 21 year old Indian national Sathiyamoorthy Siva and it is believed that he has fallen into the tank.
- Sathiyamoorthy Siva was working for ‘Harvest Marine Service’ a subcontractor of Keppel Shipyard.
- The preliminary findings indicate that Sathiyamoorthy Siva’s work did not require him to enter the tank. How did he die then ?
- Further investigations are going on by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to find out the cause of the accident.
It is disturbing to know that nine workers have died and eighteen workers were injured in Singapore shipyards in the last three months. Last month on July 17, the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC), with MOM organized a WSH Council Forum on Raising Shipyard Safety Standards.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found