Indian Navy hosted Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) in February this year to bring together about 28 out of the 33 navies in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), to enhance cooperation and to improve Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA). As a follow up of the IONS, ships from Indian Navy are on goodwill visit.
Here are some interesting features of the visit:
- Four Indian Navy ships are on two month deployment to West Asian and African countries in the IOR.
- Ships on goodwill visit are:
- Ships from Western Naval Command left India in end of July and are expected to be back in mid September.
- INS Delhi and INS Talwar have already visited Red Sea Port Safaga in Egypt in the first week of this month.
- INS Godavari and INS Aditya have sailed to Refaet-al-Assad in Syria.
- Ships are further expected to call on Mombasa in Kenya, Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, Madagascar and Mauritius.
- Ships will also take part in exercises with French Navy in the Gulf.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found