The Royal Navy will be hosting ‘Meet Your Navy’ during this week. Over 400 personnel will man the event and more than 15,000 visitors are expected each day. Some of the interesting features of the event are:
- to be held at Portsmouth, Naval Base where the first dock was constructed in 1194
- from July 25 – 27
- from 1000 hours to 1800 hours
- the past, present and the future Royal Navy would be on display
- some of the displays are by:
- Royal Marines
- Field Gun
- Marie Curie Zip Wire
- RN Dive Team
- RN Physical training
- Royal Marines Band
- Royal Marines Museum
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)
- Red Arrows
- Royal Navy Aircraft
- you can know about the following Naval ships
- Mine Warfare, Diving, Fishery Protection And Patrol Boat Squadrons
- Type 22, 23 Frigates
- Type 42 Destroyers
- Aircraft carriers
- Assault ships
- Patrol vessels
Click the image below for more details about the event.
Details regarding booking of tickets are available here.
More information on ‘Meet Your Navy’ is here at Royal Navy.
Update: July 28
Around 35,000 visitors attended the ‘Meet Your Navy’ event at Portsmouth Naval Base which ended on July 27. Organisers say the wide variety of attractions and displays plus the fine weather combined to make the event a great success. Read more from Royal Navy.
Also here is a video clip on Red Arrows display during the event ‘Meet Your Navy’.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found