Kenichi Horie, 69 year old marine adventurer has set a record to cruise in the Pacific ocean in a wave powered boat.
- he commenced his voyage on March 16 from Honolulu, Hawaii
- he started his voyage in wave powered boat Suntory Mermaid II made out of recycled aluminium from beer cans
- he reached his finishing line Kii Channel on his 110th day of voyage, between the capes of Hinomisaki, Wakayama Prefecture and Kamodamisaki, Tokushima Prefecture in Japan on July 04
- he has covered a distance of 7000 km
- his scheduled completion of voyage in end May got delayed due to weak waves and strong ocean currents
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found