The largest aquarium of Japan, Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is located in Ocean Expo Park in Motobu cho, Okinawa. (Three hours drive from Naha airport)
Some of the interesting features of the aquarium are:
- aquarium is in four floors.
- first floor: journey in to the deep sea
- second floor: journey to the Kuroshio (black current) sea
- third floor: journey to a coral reef
- fourth floor: invitation to the great sea
- huge (7m long) whale sharks along with numerous other fish can be seen in the tank.
- exhibits are housed in an acrylic window of 8.2 metres high, 22.5 metres wide and 60 cm thick, one of the biggest in the world.
- breeding of whale sharks by housing several whale sharks in the same tank for the first time in the world.
- manta rays, the largest of all the rays can also be seen.
- the corals of Okinawa and large-scale reproduction of coral.
- electric and manual wheelchairs are available for the physically challenged persons.
- there is a ocean view restaurant facing the East China Sea.
- there is Blue Manta museum shop.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found