Thuraya is a cost-effective satellite-based mobile telephone services provider, covering nearly one third of the globe. Thuraya has now started catering to marine segment also by ThurayaMarine service.
Some of the features of ThurayaMarine advanced onboard communication are:
- Easy to install, compact, light-weight, below deck equipment complying with IP 66 protection.
- Supports up to four wireless handsets for onboard mobility.
- Suitable for all vessels like fishing vessels,merchant fleet,yachts and leisure crafts.
- Provides distortion-free voice calls, data transfer (9.6 kbps), internet (60 kbps), SMS, email, fax (9.6 kbps) facilities.
- Also provides GPS capabilites for location and position tracking.
- In case of emergency, Thuraya Region Distress button automatically sends multi SMS and email alerts to user-defined contacts.
- Crew calling with prepaid calling cards facility is also available
- Universal AC/DC power supply: 110 ~ 240V, 3A, free voltage input; Terminal Input power DC 12V/24V/34V (waterproof)
Here are some images of the Main unit and hand set.
Here is the coverage area map of ThurayaMarine.
Read more from ThurayaMarine.
Here are some previous posts on marine communication:
- Inmarsat launches Fleetbroadband for comfortable life on the high seas
- Singapore is now the world’s first WiMax sea port
- Low cost Fleetphone from Inmarsat is now commercially available
- A new era of high speed communication at sea
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found