International Maritime Organization (IMO) has released ‘Performance Standards for Shipborne Radiocommunications and Navigational Equipment (2008 Edition)’. The 2008 edition supersedes the previous 2002 edition. The new edition will be useful to shipbuilding industry, manufacturers of equipment, shipyards and Administrations.
The new edition provides updates on:
- Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Integrated Navigation Systems
- Shipborne GALILEO receiver equipment
- Survival craft AIS search and rescue transmitters (AIS-SART)
- Functional requirements for long-range identification and tracking of ships
- Shipborne voyage data recorders (VDRs) and shipborne simplified voyage data recorders (S-VDRs)
- Navigation lights, navigation light controllers and associated equipment
- Provision of radio services for the GMDSS.
Details of the publication:624 pp A4, product code: IC978E, price £60, ISBN: 978-92-801-4234-1.
For further information, visit IMO.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found