Here is an amazing transatlantic tunnel telectroscope that links London and New York. The project is nearing completion by artist and inventor Paul St George which was visualized more than a century ago by his great grandfather Alexander Stanhope St George.
The interesting features of telectroscope are:
- telectroscope is actually the product of two high definition cameras connected through a fiberoptic link
- covers a distance of 3,471 miles (5,585 km), through a transatlantic tunnel
- one end of the tunnel emerges next to Tower Bridge on the banks of the Thames in London
- the other end is next to Brooklyn Bridge on the banks of New York’s East River
- provides visual communication of people on both ends in real time, of course no audio. You may have to use your mobile phone for that.
Here is the google map showing the tunnel path
Here are some photographs of telectroscope
Photos by Matthew Andrews.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found