The Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show 2008 is now going on at ASB Showgrounds, Auckland. The Boat Show started on May 15 and will go on till May 18. The star attraction of the Boat Show is home made, two man submarine ‘DryDive’. The interesting features of DryDive submarine are:
- designed by Brent Shaw of Wellington
- took six years to develop
- 3.6 metres long and weighs 2.1 tonnes
- maximum dive depth of 35 metres
- cruising depth of 10 metres for 100 minutes
- battery powered, by twin 80 lb thrust electric motors and a 10 hp diesel engine
- speed of three knots underwater
- has an automatic cabin pressurization system
- has a closed-circuit television monitor attached to its snorkel
- easy to transport and easy to launch
- costs approximately $35,000 to $40,000
- DryDive II to meet Maritime Safety Authority standards is under development
Here are some photographs of DryDive.
More details are available at nzherald.
Update: September 25
More details on DryDive including photographs are here at Clearnet.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found