Photo:Ion Boyle, simplonpc
Luxury cruise liner Mona Lisa has run aground in the Baltic Sea’s Irben Starit off Latvian coast on May 04.
- 984 passengers onboard, mostly Germans are safe
- ship was en-route from Poland’s Gdansk to Latvia’s Riga
- ship was built in 1966, 173 metres in length
- no damage to the ships hull or fuel tanks is reported
- Latvian coast guard is monitoring the situation
Update: May 05
Update: May 06
Update: July 13
The freeing of the stranded ship Mona Lisa and evacuation of passengers cost Latvia 135,000 lats (EUR 192,000). Read more from The Baltic Times.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- MV Princess of the Stars Disaster: Ship Owner Not Aware of the Latest Guidelines of Philippine Coast Guard
- Whereabouts of MV Rezzak with 25 Indian Crew in Black Sea Not Known
- City of Sunderland Refloats while Ice Prince Sinks
- Black Sea Catastrophe on Black Sunday
- Indian Cargo Ship M V Lakshadweep Missing