Yacht transport vessel ‘Yacht Express’ is the world’s largest yacht carrier of its kind. In simple terms Yacht Express is a modern ship with a floating dry dock. Yacht Express is operated by Florida based Dockwise Yacht Transport. The Yacht Express takes only 8 days to complete transatlantic voyage between Florida and the Mediterranean.
The interesting features of Yacht Express are:
- semi-submersible carrier having float-on/float-off loading method
- length: 209 metre
- beam: 32.2 metre
- draft: 5.8 metre
- max. draft submerged: 14 metre
- dock bay (165 metre in length and 31 metre in width) to safely accommodate yachts
- uses electrical propulsion
- has service speed of 18 knots
- has modern amenties like conference room, media room, an atrium with a swimming pool, fitness room, complimentary cabins for ride-aboard crew
- was built in Yantai Raffles Shipyard, China
Here are some photographs of Yacht Express:
Click here to view a 3D animation of the loading procedure.
Click here to view a video clip of Yacht Express.
Update: September 25
Yacht Express will arrive with a shipload of luxury yachts for display at the Dubai International Boat Show and Abu Dhabi Yacht Show to be held in March 2009. Read more from Marine Business News.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found