The interesting features of XSR 48 are
- the world’s fastest production diesel engine powerboat
- powered by two 11.3L, six cylinder bi-turbo diesel engines
- Maximum speed : from 70 knots (standard specification)
- up to 85 knots (subject to engine and boat specification)
- Cruising speed: 50 plus knots [60 plus mph/90 plus kph]
- to be manufactured at Berthon Shipyard in Lymington.
- Over 55,000 man hours spent on design and development
- Length – overall:14.60m
- Beam (max.):3.13m
- Draft (incl. props):1.10m
- Fuel capacity:1000 litres, 220 GB gals, 265 US gals
- Fresh-water capacity:150 litres
Here are some photographs
Click here to view a video clip of XSR 48
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!