World’s longest sea span bridge, spanning Hangzhou Bay near Shangai is 36 kilo metres long. The bridge connecting Shanghai and Ningbo is going to be opened for traffic soon. The bridge will cut the length of the drive from Shanghai to Ningbo from 400 km to 80 km. This bridge is longer than the existing 32.5 kilo metres Dongai Bridge, which is also in China.
Here is the map showing the location of bridge.
The bridge is expected to be opened to traffic by end of April. Click here for some photos.
Update: May 02
Bridge was opened for traffic on May 01. More details and photographs are available at people.
Update: May 04
A video clip of the fully constructed bridge is here at rian.
Here is a video clip of the bridge under construction. Part 1 of 5 part series.
Click here to view remaining parts.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Oasis of the Seas: Funnel Down to Cross Storebaelt Bridge of Denmark
- JMSDF Destroyer Kurama and MV Carina Star Collide Below Kanmon Bridge
- CIBS 2009: China (Shanghai) International Boat Show – Ready to Start
- Worlds Biggest Floating Christmas Tree is in Brazil
- Worlds Longest Tunnel Aquarium is at Chiang Mai of Thailand