India so far has demonstrated successfully Surface launch of Prithvi, Agni and Akash missiles. Expertise to launch missiles from underwater and air is yet to be developed. At present India is not having a submarine capable of launching missiles from under water. But the Sagarika missile (being developed in both cruise missile and ballistic missile versions) is ready for underwater launching.
Now India has decided to launch Sagarika missile from a specially designed underwater platform at a depth of 50 metres, 8 kilometres off the coast. The launch is expected to take place before month end.
Click here for further reading
India is prepared for the launch anytime. Click here for the latest information.
Sagarika is expected to be launched today. Click here for more details.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- Indian Undersea Missile Test has No Relevance to Arms Race
- India Successfully Test Fires Undersea K-15 Missile
- India Launches First Indigenous Nuclear Powered Submarine Arihant
- India: PSLV-C16 Launches RESOURCESAT-2 Satellite with AIS Capability
- India: Mystery Behind Ballistic Missile Defense Ship USS Decatur Visit to Chennai