Google welcomes Chinese New Year in their unique style. Chinese Lunar New Year is starting today, February 07 and is the Year of the Rat. Chinese Lunar Calender is based on phases of moon. The New Year starts somewhere between end January and early February.
As part of New Year celebrations, a South American Rat Fish joins Shanghai Ocean Aquarium.
Seafarers view the rats in a different way.
Rats in the ships:
- In the airconditioned spaces of the ships, false ceilings are provided. Above the false ceilings lot of electrical cables that interconnect different equipments are laid. Most of the electrical equipment malfunctions are due to electrical cable cut by the rats.
- Rats cause many diseases through urine, droppings, or saliva.
- Hence, derating is routinely carried out in ships.
Rat menace in Islands due to shipwrecks:
- There are many islands infested with rats in Alaska due to shipwrecks.
- One of Britain’s most important bird sanctuaries in Scottish island, St Kilda, need to be protected from rats as a ship ran aground early this month.
Click here to know how to keep ships rat free.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found