Australia, the worlds smallest continent is having the finest Marine Complex to cater the needs of marine industry, namely: shipbuilding, technology, support and fabrication.
The Australian Marine Complex
- is located on the shores of Cockburn Sound, 23 kilometres south of Perth, Western Australia. Cockburn Sound is also home to Australia’s naval defence capability for the Indian Ocean Region, including the Collins class submarine fleet.
- has established international credentials for the repair, maintenance and construction of naval and commercial vessels, as well as infrastructure for the fabrication and assembly of offshore oil and gas modules.
- has become Australia’s leading integrated industrial estate with a deepwater port, world-class multi-user load out and fabrication facilities, and high-wide load road access.
- houses more than 100 businesses establishments.
- has the financial backing of the Australian Federal Government and Western Australian State Government.
The Australian Marine Complex comprises four adjoining precincts and two facilities:
- Shipbuilding Precinct
- Technology Precinct
- Support Industry Precinct
- Fabrication Precinct and
- Marine Support Facility
- Common User Facility
Location of Cockburn Sound,23 kilometres south of Perth, Western Australia
Some photographs of Australian Marine Complex
Above image source:challengertafe
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found