We all know that ships standard life cycle is thirty years plus and thereafter ships find their way to ship breaking yards to be scraped. The equipment installed in the ships, specifically electronic instruments/communication equipment need replacement once in approximately five years due to technology advancements and non availability of spares for the equipment. Even the equipment manufacturer would advise to replace the equipment.
On such occasions when the equipment has to be replaced with another updated equipment of different size and shape, the ship’s bulkhead mounts to fix the equipment has to be modified to install new equipment adding the cost and time delay. Now NavPod Instrument Housings are available to install the equipment easily without doing any major modifications to the deck and bulkhead.
Features on all NavPods:
- Watertight Silicone Seal – Keeps rain and spray off electrical connections on the back of electronics.
- Tamperproof – Special fasteners and wrench are included that provide security and convenience to leave electronics onboard.
- Concealed Wiring – No loose wires are exposed to corrosion and UV damage.
- Clean Installation – The Clean look of flush mounting. Mount your display where you can best see and reach it.
- Stainless Steel Mount – Very strong and sturdy.
- 20/40 Base – 20 degrees tilt for on-dash mounting, 40 degrees for overhead mounting.
- 4 way/2 way swivel action available where necessary.
- Pre-cut models for standard marine manufacturers available.
From the photographs given below, it can be seen how these instrument housings are easy to install equipment.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found