Jumbo Kingdom, Hong Kong
Jumbo Kingdom, the largest world class sea food floating restaurant was established by Dr. Stanley Ho at Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter of Hong Kong in October 1976. Jumbo Kingdom, a significant member of Melco’s Leisure & Entertainment division, consists of Jumbo and Tai Pak Floating Restaurants in Aberdeen. Jumbo Kingdom is a fine dining hub for the locals and tourists and has served more than thirty million meals since its opening. The distinguished guests of Jumbo Kingdom include Queen Elizabeth II; international film stars John Wayne, Yul Brynner, William Holden, Tom Cruise, Chow Yun-Fat and Chow Sing-Chi. Jumbo Kingdom also boosts the Hong Kong’s tourism and economy.
Jumbo Kingdom has continually upgraded its facilities over the past 30 years. Jumbo Kingdom after carrying out a multi-million dollar renovation has now become a theme park on the sea. Jumbo Kingdom is now a modern complex of fine-dining, sightseeing and cultural attractions – a must-see destination for a complete Hong Kong visit. Jumbo Kingdom has received accolades including “Superbrand Hong Kong” in 2004 and 2006, “Hong Kong Brands Award 2006″ and “Hong Kong Award for Service – Tourism Services 2003″.
Jumbo Kingdom Attractions
- Fine-dining Restaurant, Dragon Court: the interior is a 30-million-dollar re-built of the imperial court of Ming Dynasty
- The “Dragon chair” exhibits an exquisite craftsmanship of carving and casting techniques, these contribute to a stylish Chinese dining experience that is unique in Hong Kong.
- The menu includes over 100 delectable seafood dishes, as well as traditional Cantonese cuisine and dim sum, all cooked to the individual customer’s taste. The on-board holding tanks accommodate over 60 kinds of seafood.
- A UV light seawater sterilizing system, the biggest of its kind in Hong Kong, was installed to ensure freshness and hygiene.
- Wastewater treatment plant on a barge for the Jumbo Kingdom, the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia.
- Considering safety as a top priority, fireproof and heat-resistant materials were carefully selected in building this grand floating palace.
- Sampan Dining: Jumbo also offers sampan cruise on the typhoon shelter for dinners to enjoy the food and the scene in the special Jumbo way
- Ferry Pier Plaza
- Cooking Academy
- The Chinese Tea Garden
- Conference and Banquet Facilities
- Bronzeware Exhibition
As a bonus attraction, starting from September 01, 2006, Jumbo VIP can enjoy a 10% discount offer by presenting the Jumbo VIP card at the Jumbo Kingdom, Manila. Also for any food and beverage consumption over HK$600 per table at the Jumbo Kingdom, Jumbo Kingdom will pay for your incoming taxi fare (a redemption for service). Just keep your receipt!
Here is the map of Hong Kong.
Some photographs of Jumbo Kingdom
Click here to view Jumbo Menus of Hong Kong
Click here to view local fish available at Jumbo Kingdom, Hong Kong
Jumbo Kingdom, Manila
In line with the same reputation of Jumbo Hong Kong, the new Jumbo Kingdom Manila started its operations in 2006. In order to impress both local and foreign guests with lasting memories of the traditional Jumbo Kingdom, the ancient style of magnificent sculpture, precise workmanship, and intricate detail have been retained.
Here is the location map:
For further details click here.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found