PIMEX 2007,the 5th Phuket International Boat Show.
Whether interested in boating or simply curious about how Phuket has become one of the most sought after luxury destinations in the world, visiting Royal Phuket Marina and PIMEX will be a must during the second week of December.
The inaugural PIMEX took place in December 2003. Phuket, with its rapidly expanding marine industry and a healthy property market was already established as one of the worlds prime leisure destinations and a favourite with those seeking to relocate to a better lifestyle. The marine players and property developers were in need of a showcase for Phuket and Thailand’s assets and to bring products from overseas to the Thai market. Shortly after this first show the import duty on boats was reduced to zero as the government quickly realised the potential of this high end sustainable tourism.The show has matured over the years and now is held at Phuket’s most prestigious residential marina project.
6 – 9 December, 2007
The show will be held at the Royal Phuket Marina in and around the 80-berth yacht basin, encompassing luxury apartments, the ‘Boardwalk’ and ‘Town Square’. The Royal Phuket Marina is Asia’s most sophisticated, high-tech yachting haven and a world-class destination combining luxury waterfront living with a state-of-the-art marina. Royal Phuket Marina has just been awarded the prestigious “Marina Five Gold Anchors Award” by the British Marine Federation. This is the highest honour to be given to a marina, with Raffles being the only other Marina in the region with this award.
Image Source:Royal Phuket Marina
Here is the map of Phuket.
PIMEX 2007, highlights
- PIMEX is officially supported by the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Board, the Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Ministry of Sport and Tourism.
- Adding a touch of drama and excitement, the inaugural Phuket International Dragon Boat Challenge Cup will take place in the marina basin during the show. Targeting up to 42 teams of 16 to compete in heats leading to the Grand Final, the winner will be sponsored to enter the Dragon Boat World Championships in Penang in Summer 2008. For more information click here.
- Other fun activities will be staged on site during the four days of the show, which will be a great day out for serious buyers and families alike.
- Two thousand square metres of air-conditioned exhibition space within the marina complex are being made available for the exhibitors’ booths. Up to 50 boats are expected in the water and on the land.
- Restaurants, Clubs and a Sports Bar will be within the show area, while underground parking caters for 250 vehicles.
Products on Show at PIMEX 2007
Bob’s Machine Shop: Outboard Accessories
Go Boating have just been appointed dealer for Formula Boats USA and have two boats for viewing at the Pimex Boats show.
Kingfisher Marine: Horizon 73
Max Marine: Sessa 19
Peninsula Boating: Grand Banks 49
Royal Phuket Marina Cruising Club: Sunseeker Manhatten
Starship Yachts: Cranchi Med 47
For further information, visit:
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found