Singapore Maritime Academy Commences Online CoC E-Learning Programme

by OldSailor on November 13, 2007

ADVERTISEMENTS

image image

The Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA) known as the best seafaring Training Institution in the Asia Pacific, has in partnership with Teledata Marine Solutions (TMS) started offering online courses for (Certificate of Competency) CoC 3 Deck and CoC 5 Marine Engineering programmes.

Successful preparations for Certificates of Competency by sea-going Officers was so far possible only by attending courses in a qualified marine training institute. This method, inspite of providing interactive learning between the Faculty and the Learner, has many shortcomings.

• The sea going officer has to spare most of his leave to attend classes by sacrificing his happy leave period with his family.
  • Courses are mostly conducted only in major port cities, thus increasing the cost by relocating the sea farer for the duration of the course.
  • Merely joining a course does not guarantee successful completion of the course.

At SMA, Certificate of Competency Class 3 (Deck) Course which normally takes 18 weeks and Class 5 (MEO) Preparatory course of 2 weeks can now be completed in less than half the time, by successfully completing the on line courses. This is going to help the seafarer to cut down the course expenses, save his leave and improve his pass rate.

Also the running costs of SMA for these courses will reduce, by these online CoC E-Learning Programme.

Source:businesstimes

Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!

Related Posts:

• No related posts found

{ 66 comments… read them below or add one }

shamtinder singh November 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM

hello sir,
can you tell me, if am not an indian cdc holder and am a deck cadet . So how many months i need on board sailing for give singapore 3rd mate coc. Please tell me asap.

Khurshi alam November 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Halo sir, this is khurshid alam,i hv done BE mech. Engg n GEC course frm bims thailand,i hv 8 mnth sea exp. Too.can i enroll for coc 5 exam.if yes plz provide me the guideline regarding this.plz reply..

RANVEER SINGH April 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM

hello sir,
Myself Ranveer Singh i have (INDIAN CDC) with 23 month sea time i want to give exam for 3rd mate please provide me the guidilines regarding this,
thankyou.

Ashish Tiwari April 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Good evening sir,I m completing my 43 months sea experience i want 2 go for 2nd mates.can u please tell me what is the procedure 2 reserve the seat n how much money required 2 complete the course in SMA

vikas kumar lucky July 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM

dear sir,
i have completed my sea time as third engineer.now i want to complete my class-2 engineer exams in singapore kindly guide.
thanks

amanjot July 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM

dear sir iam amanjot i have 70 month sea exprience so i can do 3 mate course .what is the procedure 2 resev the seat.

ayaz ahmad August 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

i did HND-ME from glasgow scotland but not completed. and i have 9 months sea experiemce so i can give exam for 4rt class?

Manoj kumar September 10, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I have seaexperience of more than 50 months and want to do 2nd mates from SMA .so can u plz tell me the details ,course fees and time period. also want to know the required criteria for Tug master and DP courses with fee structure.
thanking you,
Manoj kumar

shan September 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

sir,
i completed saloon rating , worked as a A/b now holding a watch keeping certificate from India. i would like to know the procedures to apply for 2nd mate exam.

pankaj choubey October 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

hallo sir ,I am panama cdc holder. I have total 36 month 20 days experience.can I apply singapore 3rd mate coc and please tell me have any academy in india to apply singapore 3rd mate coc and what’s e-learning coc can do no problem about job

rajesh October 9, 2012 at 5:19 PM

sir i have 16 to 17 months sea exp. can i give 2mate exam in singapore

Shrikant Sonawane October 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Good evening sir,I m completing my 48 months sea experience i want 2 go for 2nd mates.can u please tell me what is the procedure 2 reserve the seat n how much money required 2 complete the course in SMA . and how much time before i have to book the seat , please let me know the details .
Thank you in advance .

Mansha Ram November 1, 2012 at 5:47 PM

hello sir,
My self Mansha Ram i have (INDIAN CDC) with 42 month sea time i want to give exam for 3rd mate can u please tell me what is the procedure 2 reserve the seat and how much money require thank you 2 complete the course in SMA

Abhijeet jadhav November 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hello sir ,
My self Abhijeet jadhav dect cadet with panama cdc but not having TRB i had completed 12 month of seatime . So ,how would i able to get TRB for singapore coc3.
Plz suggested me sir
Thank you.

Mg Mg December 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

dear sir,
i want to studying third engineer course exams in singapore kindly guide.
thanks

vikash kumar ray December 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

sir, iam vikash ray , i have a indian cdc and have 31 month sea exp.. so please give the detail of 3mate exam in singapoor .

H Nainar ali December 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM

dear sir,
i have 24 month sea service as junior engineer(indian cdc), i would like to get coc5 from singapore, plz give all details to proceed.

Bhagyaraj u p January 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Respected sir,
i did btech in mechanical. i got GME course completion certificate from india and got indian CDC. Also 8 months sea service.now i want to do class 5 coc in singapore. i want to know whether i am eligible for class 5 coc in singapore with indian tarbook

Veer rathod January 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Dear sir, i have 40 month experiance with liberian as an os/ab on a malta flag fg going tanker vessle which is more than 4000 grt. Kindly can you tell me that whether i can appear for coc3 from singapore or not. Plz reply me asap. Any type of held wl be apreciable. Thank yot.

pratham mehra February 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM

is indian tar book accepted in singapore for coc 5 examination……?

akula rakesh February 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM

respected sir,
i has completed 36 months sailing from panama CDC as a o.s, can u please suggest how to give 3rd mate exam in singapore.

DEBASHIS BANERJEE February 27, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I am holding a Indian NCV-NWKO Indian COC . I have sailed for 18 MONTHS as 2nd officer. I need information if i can appear for Chief Mate exam in singapore ?

Jackson March 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Good day sir,
I am completing my 38 months and i want to go for 2nd mate.Will you pleas tell me the procedure to reserve the seat. Please provide me guidelines and how much fees required for exam.how much time before i have to book my seat. Please give me details…
Thanking you.
Jackson.

Manish G March 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Hello,
good day sir,
I am completed 30 Month.. As engine rating c possible give
exam of marine engineer exam from singapore …Or from anothr country.. N

agnel March 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM

good day sir,
im agnel fernando i have done my hnd ns in uk and i have 25 months sea service as deck cadet .i could’t get my uk visa for my class3 coc .so i’m planing to give my exams in singapore . kindly provide all the necessary information …await your reply .

abanaba ajiri April 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

i am a sailor from nigeria how do i come and do my coc3 in singapore, pls e mail me all d details nd d requirement to come as a foreing students.

Nilesh April 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I have 36 months sea time and also taken Belize 3rd officer COC.How i can take 3rd officer singapore coc.?

Gaurav April 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I am Gaurav from Ambala I completed 35+months of sailing and having liberian and panama CDC with US Visa.
Iwant to apply for second mate exams from Singapore please suggest me

vivek tyagi April 30, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I have seaexperience of more than 40months and want to do 2nd mates from SMA .so can u plz tell me the details ,course fees and time period. also want to know the required criteria for Tug master and DP courses with fee structure.
thanking you,
vivek tyagi

sathishkumar May 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

i have sea experience of more than 12 month E/O i want to class-5 in SMA , indian tar book are accepted are not in singapor

thanking you
sathish kumar

sanjay kumar panda June 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM

sir i completed 6 months sea time and want to applay for coc of class 5 what is the procedure

NAVDEEP SHARMA June 10, 2013 at 3:42 AM

dear sir,
my name is navdeep sharma . i have 24 month experience on Belize CDC. i want to do 2 mate exams to Singapore academy pls inform to me which type procedure ,i can do
thanks,

Deepu sethu kumar June 20, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Respect sir my name is deepu sethu kumar i completed my dns from indian marine university and completed my 9 months seatime also ; if i want to do secondmate exam from singapore ;what requrement i need ?means how many months i should sail and i have indian dlp it is allowed for singapore coc pls give a gaudince for this i hope u wil give reply in my mail by faithfully deepu

Mensah Daniel Kwesi June 23, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Dear Sir
Am completing my fifteen years experience in marine
engineering onboard but have completed marine engineer class
3coc(limited) at Ghana Maritime University, july 2010 and want
to know if i can apply online class 3coc marine engine (unlimited).
at SMA currently am working with stena drilling.and please can you
tell me the details,course fees and period.
Mensah Daniel Kwesi

bhavesh wagadre August 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

sir i complited 36 month seatime, now i want to apply for 2nd mate exame please suggess me .

Emmanuel Bassey September 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Dear sir/ma, i have 18 months seatearm as a third engineer and want to apply for class 2 engineer in singapoure with DP maintenance course. please i need details to guide including course fees and duration of both courses. thanks.

jeewan ram September 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM

dear sir,
i have indian cdc and i have complete my 36 months seatime. can i give 3rd mate exam. please give me instruction for admission. what is the processure of exam.
thank you.

sheikh obaidullah October 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

My name is Obaidullah from Bangladesh. I am an engineering cadet . I completed 2 years pre sea-course from mas maritime academy in bangladesh and i have 12 months sea practice in ship of 750 kw. For which COC I will approve in your country, for call 3 or class 4? I would like to participate for COC exam in ur country. Sir, please give me information about my course fee included accommodation. I need your answer please. Thank you sir.

vahid October 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Dear Sir

hope everything goes well
Last week I asked you to send the requirements of WATCHKEEPING OFFICER ADVANCE 500 GT OR MORE U.V but there was no answer
I live in Iran and I wanna plan for the time of your courses
I am AB seaman and I have 36 months seatime on the tankership
your quick answer will be appreciated.

Akramul islam January 3, 2014 at 11:26 PM

dear sir,I have Bangladeshi c.d.c.I have completed 36 month seatimes experience as an A.B. now I want to get Singapore coc .please sent me details about it.thank you.

gopi January 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM

dear sir
my name is gopi and i have 26 month experience as a o.s on fg GRT more than 50000 with indian CDC i want to go for 2nd mates in singpore 12th psm i have only 53% what are the requirements and other things which i need can plz help me with it

vikrant asthana February 8, 2014 at 1:56 AM

hi sir
this is vikrant . i have 45 months experience as an oiler.my educational qualification is 10+2(PCM) 60%. can i prepare the coc 5 exam from singapore.???

vikrant asthana February 8, 2014 at 2:01 AM

hi sir
this is vikrant . i have 45 months experience as an oiler & have indian cdc.my educational qualification is 10+2(PCM) 60%. can i prepare the coc 5 exam from singapore.???

Dhwaj Parmar March 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Hello sir
I have Panama CDC with the rank of deck cadet.I have18 months experience on sea going vessel.I want to give my 2nd mates exam from singapore.sir can you please give me the details or any procedure to apply for the same.
THANKING YOU.

lalit sharma March 28, 2014 at 12:23 AM

sir my question is that how can I get singaporian 2nd mate coc …and how can I apply it.

Oladapo paul April 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Good day Sir’
My Name is oladapo paul
I want to do My coc3 online in Singapore ‘
Pls How can i go about it . thanks for that

jack April 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM

hi sir my name is jack I have got 36 month of seatime as AB in singapore company in singapore flag ship.can I know how to get second mate coc

jack May 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM

hi my name is jack I have done 36 month seatime as AB I like to do my second mate can I know what is requirment

Mutallif Khan May 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Have a good day!
Dear Sir/Mam,
My good name is Mutallif khan,I’m from India(mumbai) currently on board MT- Navigator spirit sailing as a Able seamen in Teekay Tankers Shipping… I’m very happy to join your college,If u could pls advice me full details of 2nd mates FG COC License, My prediction to become a navigation officer in near future,I hope u kindly help me for this relevant process and consider that to be eligible.

My sea service experience 55 month sailing in Teekay Tankers…I had done my Education HSC science passed plus maritime college GP rating course in Traning Ship Rehman..6 month course in India Mumbai……..Have CDC,Passport,and all avialable courses……DG approved of Indian Goverment, Appreciating for yr reply and pls send me a full details, fees of college duration of college and etc.

Your’s Faithfully,
Mutallif Khan

ratnesh kumar May 27, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Helo sir
now my 36 month completed as oiler. so i want applied for Singapore engineering coc . please give me details about this ..and also fees instructions …
thank you ..