Image Source: naval-technology
- India and Russia are set to seal an agreement for the lease of two Akula class nuclear submarines to India.
- This agreement will be the most important event of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Moscow on 10 November 2007.
- The Akulas will be delivered to the Indian Navy in 2008 on a lease of at least seven years.
- The Akula class submarines would help the Indian Navy to prepare for the induction of the ATV, India’s indigenous nuclear-powered vessel-in-the-making which goes for sea trials in 2009.
- Strategic submarines are the key to India’s quest for a credible nuclear deterrence.
For a news clip video click here.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found