- There has been a fuel oil spill in Singapore after a collision between bunker tanker SS Prosperity and the oil tanker China Sea on October 10 at 00:50 am local time, according to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) at the Horizon Terminal. Horizon Terminal is located in Banyan Basin off Singapore’s Jurong Island.
- At the time of the incident, SS Prosperity was loading bunker fuel and about 20 metric tonnes (mt) of oil was spilled, according to the bunker tanker master.
- The MPA immediately deployed three patrol vessels and two anti-pollution crafts to assist in cleanup operations.
- The terminal also contracted Singapore Oil Spill Response Company (OSRC) to aid in the cleanup operations.
- SS Prosperity sustained damage to its number 4 starboard cargo tank below the waterline. There was no apparent damage to China Sea.
- MPA said the oil spill was contained within the vicinity of the terminal, while port operations and vessel traffic remain unaffected.
- The port authority is currently investigating the incident.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to RSS Feed to receive all the updates!
- No related posts found